The Writers' Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 44 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:24 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» The Tulip Staircase Ghost
The Tulip Staircase Ghost I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 10:08 pm by Pollie Cher

» The Headless Chicken
The Tulip Staircase Ghost I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 10:05 pm by Pollie Cher

» Beer Flood
The Tulip Staircase Ghost I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 10:03 pm by Pollie Cher

» Rankings...
The Tulip Staircase Ghost I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 8:49 pm by Pollie Cher

» OBEY the Rules
The Tulip Staircase Ghost I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 7:34 pm by Pollie Cher

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Top posters
Pollie Cher (9)
The Tulip Staircase Ghost I_vote_lcapThe Tulip Staircase Ghost I_voting_barThe Tulip Staircase Ghost I_vote_rcap 

Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Poll

The Tulip Staircase Ghost

Go down

The Tulip Staircase Ghost Empty The Tulip Staircase Ghost

Post by Pollie Cher Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:08 pm

The Tulip Staircase Ghost A97817_rsz_ghost_on_stairs_lg_(1)_large

In 1966, retired clergyman Rev. Ralph Hardy was taking a picture of the spiral staircase (known as the "Tulip Staircase") in the Queen's House section of the National Maritime Museum in Greenwich, England, when he captured this image. Experts analyzed the original negative and verified that it had not been tampered with or manipulated in any way.

This photo served as proof that the many ghostly encounters at the Queen's House were real. Footsteps, slamming doors, and the chanting voices of children are often heard around the staircase. Visitors to the museum have even been pinched by unseen fingers during their tour!

Full-body apparitions have been seen on many occasions; one such apparition appears to be mopping up blood from the bottom of the stairs. Historians say that 300 years ago, a maid was thrown from the top of the stairs and fell 50 feet to her death, which might explain the ghostly clean-up crew.
Pollie Cher
Pollie Cher
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Sperling
Race: Human

https://thewritersnest.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum