The Writers' Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 44 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:24 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» The Tulip Staircase Ghost
The Headless Chicken I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 10:08 pm by Pollie Cher

» The Headless Chicken
The Headless Chicken I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 10:05 pm by Pollie Cher

» Beer Flood
The Headless Chicken I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 10:03 pm by Pollie Cher

» Rankings...
The Headless Chicken I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 8:49 pm by Pollie Cher

» OBEY the Rules
The Headless Chicken I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 7:34 pm by Pollie Cher

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Top posters
Pollie Cher (9)
The Headless Chicken I_vote_lcapThe Headless Chicken I_voting_barThe Headless Chicken I_vote_rcap 

Top posting users this month
No user

Top posting users this week
No user

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Poll

The Headless Chicken

Go down

The Headless Chicken Empty The Headless Chicken

Post by Pollie Cher Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:05 pm

The Headless Chicken Mike3
I wasn't sure what to post this under because it's both bizzare and unexplainable.
It really happened. On 10-Sep-1945 Mike (who wasn't named "Mike" at the time) was going to be dinner. Such is the fate of roosters like him. Lloyd Olsen was sent that fateful morning to find a chicken for dinner. He wanted to please his mother-in-law, and thus aimed his killing stroke to leave her the most neck as possible--yes, there are people who like to eat chicken necks. He took careful aim, and decapitated the five-and-a-half-month-old fowl. Like all birds who lose their head, Mike went out of his mind. That's expected.
The unexpected was that he stuck it out. He tried to peck for food, he tried to preen, but it didn't work so well without the beak. Lloyd left him be for a while, and the next morning went out to find Mike (still not named "Mike" yet) with his stub stuck under a wing, and still not dead, Lloyd figured he couldn't kill a guy so dead set on living.
And live, he did.
Mike was packed up and moved to the University of Utah, who documented in no uncertain terms that this chicken was indeed both headless and animate. He was fed grain and water through a dropper, and in the eighteen months that he lived without a noggin, he gained near six pounds, so his inability to feed himself didn't slow him. He was featured in Time and Life magazines, and was described as being "as happy as any other chicken".
Mike passed on in a sadly mundane fashion, choking to death on a bit of food. Dead, but not forgotten, every May the city of Fruita, Colorado holds a festival in his honor, and they say, right on the website, "Attending this fun, family event is a NO BRAINER!"
The Headless Chicken Mike-the-headless-chicken
Pollie Cher
Pollie Cher
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Sperling
Race: Human

https://thewritersnest.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum